The PMI 3000 Dilution Probe performs four critical functions to prepare the sample from the stack
or process, so it can be measured accurately and precisely by the analyzer. The probe uses an air
driven aspirator which extracts the sample from the stack or process. It is then passed
consecutively through coarse and fine particulate filters, a pre selected glass or metal critical
orifice, and finally diluted with the air from the aspirator. This process has now reduced the dew
point of the sample to below that of the ambient air, preparing the sample so that it can be
transported via an unheated line to the analyzer up to 300 feet away.
The in-situ dilution probe offers many advantages:
• Low cost installation, maintenance and operation
• Low extractive flow rates, promotes long filter life
• Made of corrosion resistant materials
• Can be used in explosion proof areas
• No requirement for heated sample line
• No moving parts anywhere in the system
• Easy dynamic in-situ calibration of dilution system
• Diluted sample is transported at positive pressures
• Can be used with any existing ambient air analyzer
• Manual or optional automatic blow back, back flushes coarse filter
There are two models of the PMI3000 Dilution Probe available, differing only in the type of
mounting flange. Model PMI3200 (pictured above), equivalent to the EPM 0797.302, has a 1.8"
flange drilled and tapped with four mounting holes. Model PMI3300 (equivalent to EPM 0797.303)
has a threaded flange for easy use with extension tubes. See photo alongside for both flanges.
5000 Ridgemont Walk, Atlanta, GA 30339
Ph: 404-791-1477 Fax: 404-506-9873